Website Project Manager – Delivering Websites that Work for Your Business!
Chris Frith, website project manager, takes the hassle out of getting a new site. He will lead the development of your website – from conception to launch – making sure that it fits in with your overall business. You can even engage him to refresh your existing site.
Chris’ unique blend of project management, marketing and technical experience means he can build the bridge between what you want your site to do and the technology/developers required to make it happen.
Your website has never been more important for boosting sales and retaining your customers
Chris’ formula for a successful website implementation includes:
- Distilling your requirements (e.g. What does the site need to do? Does it need to interact with other systems? Are there any critical requirements? etc). A Requirements Document enables developers to accurately quote on the work to be done and selecting the best one for your project.
- Building consensus across your stakeholders to enhance cooperation during the development process and acceptance once implemented.
- Identifying suitable website platform options based on your budget and complexity of the project – e.g. taking advantage of modern content management systems.
- Managing the development contractor selection process so that you get a contractor that fits your industry and size of your business.
- Keeping you informed throughout the process – progress, issues, budget
With your competitors never more than a click away, you can’t afford for your site to be clunky, or not work effectively across your entire business operations.
Why use a Website Project Manager ?
There are two main areas where engaging a website project manager makes sense:
- You’re looking for someone to take care of things – managing the website development, acting as your advocate (freeing you from having to make every decision); and/or
- The complexity of your project, size of your organisation and/or number of stakeholders involved demands a higher level of formality (e.g. documentation, meetings, progress reports, issue registers, etc).
Why engage Chris Frith as Your Website Project Manager?
Chris has many years’ experience across marketing, project management and software development – both for large organisations and small ones. This enables him to take a broader perspective whilst taking care of the details.
Chris will act as your advocate – working with your staff, vendors and developers to find solutions that best fit your objectives. He can also adapt the level of formality required to fit your business.
Flexible Engagement model
Most projects are charged on a time basis. Website development projects typically have bursts of activity organising, followed by monitoring phases. We work with you to establish a budget and then charge based on time spent on your project as it progresses.
Project management alone, or other tasks as well
We typically provide a level of project management and a combination of the following (based on your requirements):
- Requirements gathering – scope, objectives, budget, timeline, etc
- Vendor selection – request for proposal process (as formal as required)
- System specification – for more complex sites, particularly those interfacing other systems
- Data Dictionaries – reference document for electronic data interchange across vendor platforms
- User Acceptance Testing – confirming operation, providing design/logic feedback as required, issue tracking
- Project steering committee facilitation.
Note: You can engage us to perform these tasks individually.
What about integrating with back office systems?
Yes. Our projects often go beyond the website itself, as part of an overall customer management environment. We have extensive experience in developing and implementing complex systems for large and small businesses. Check out our Digital Project Management service for ways we can assist.